- Features amorphous solar panel with 15 ft. (4.5m) of wire, 60 LED solar motion light, 1 x Lithium-ion rechargeable battery, and mounting hardware
- Fully weather resistant and can be mounted almost anywhere
- Amorphous solar panel charges in all daylight conditions, does not need direct sunlight
- Detection distance: 30 feet, detection range: 180 degrees
- Lumen output: 850
Sunforce – 60 LED Solar Motion Light
Use the power of the sun to light dark areas and add extra security with the Sunforce 60 LED Solar Motion Security Light. This light automatically turns on when motion is detected and comes equipped with 60 super-bright white LEDs in ABS plastic housing for added durability. The amorphous solar panel charges 1 x rechargeable Lithium-ion rechargeable batteries, ensuring reliable lighting power for whenever, wherever you need it.
– Provides lighting and security to garages, pathways, sheds, homes, remote cottages and more!
– Includes: 60 LED Solar Motion Light, 1 x Lithium-ion rechargeable battery, amorphous solar panel with 15 ft.(4.5m) of wire, and mounting hardware.
– Lumen output: 850.
– Detection distance: 30 feet; Detection range: 180 degrees.
– Amorphous solar panel works in all daylight conditions, even on cloudy days.
– Fully weatherproof design.
Simply Customize Your Solar Light’s Settings
This solar motion detector features 3 adjustable settings:
LUX (light level) determines the level of darkness that must be reached for the light to turn on.
TIME determines the duration of the light once motion is detected: 30 seconds, 60 seconds or 120 seconds.
SENS (Sensitivity) determines the range of motion detection.
How It Works?
Solar panels convert sunlight into an electric current, they do not store power. Amorphous solar panels are created by spraying silicon onto glass in very thin layers, and are commonly known as thin film solar panels. This process allows them to be better at generating electricity in all lighting conditions, including cloudy or shady environments. Amorphous solar panels are best for smaller output needs, temporary set ups, and areas that do not receive predictable sun conditions. These solar panels ensure your lights will work anywhere, anytime!
The Sunforce 81256 is a good solar light that you can mount on your garage, shed or fence. It has the brightest LEDs among the solar lights we looked at, 850 lumens.
This is many times brighter than the competition and helps it illuminate objects in a 30-foot radius. The motion sensor helps save battery for when the light is needed. The 15-foot wire that connects the light to the solar panel gives you a lot of flexibility to get the best exposure to sunlight during the day. This is an affordable light, costing around $35 on Amazon.
This solar light has three dials that let you adjust the sensitivity of the motion detector, how long the light stays on when triggered and how much daylight will turn it off. This flexibility is nice, since it lets you customize the light for your needs. In looking at online reviews, we noticed that customers reported problems with the dials being overly sensitive, which can make adjusting the reaction of the motion sensor more difficult. Other issues we came across say that this light’s weatherproofing isn’t very good and that sometimes defective units came in the box. Despite these drawbacks, customers on the whole have a positive opinion of the Sunforce 81256. The light comes with a one-year warranty.